C-Loftus commented on issue #2043:
URL: https://github.com/apache/iceberg-go/issues/2043#issuecomment-5892316867

   @GGraziadei Thanks for your message, your hard work on those PRs, and that 
context! 
   
   > There are two PRs that I think should be completed before we propagate the 
feature horizontally across implementations (go and cpp) and vertically across 
versions (Spark 4.2 and Spark 4.0).
   
   I agree, that makes sense to me. Once everyone feels the implementation is 
propagated and stable, happy to revisit this. Also if you feel that there 
should be a separate issue for Z-order in iceberg-go and that should be done 
first, happy to make an issue for that. I am personally mainly interested in 
hilbert curves for geospatial use cases, but I recognize that Z-order may make 
sense to implement first from a code perspective. 
   
   >  would you mind reviewing this PR?  
https://github.com/apache/iceberg/pull/17774
   
   I took a look through. It seems reasonable to me at a high level although 
honestly I would need to take some more time to refresh myself on some of the 
algorithms / spin up tests/benchmarks, for me to give a confident review one 
way or another.  So take that with a grain of salt 😃 


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to