zeroshade commented on issue #2044:
URL: https://github.com/apache/iceberg-go/issues/2044#issuecomment-5848121624

   I don't think that a zero-Arrow core is a goal, personally. I prefer the 
consolidation of using the Arrow originated types for 
decimal/variant/geospatial/geometry rather than duplicating that, rather 
extensive, amount of work. 
   
   Most of the large parts of arrow-go will get optimized out when compiling 
cute the core iceberg package anyways if we're only using the types.
   
   I also don't think we need to, or even should, have a non-arrow scan path. 
As you noted, AWS is the largest contributor to the size of the binary.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to