zhang-arvin commented on issue #17307: URL: https://github.com/apache/iceberg/issues/17307#issuecomment-5841784763
@zhang-arvin here — I'd like to revive this one. Confirmed the leak is still present on `main`: in `MergingSnapshotProducer.newDeleteFilesAsManifests()` the cache-invalidation branch deletes the cached delete manifests but never the Puffin file written by `mergeDVs()` (`merged-dvs-<snapshotId>-<n>.puffin`), and `cleanUncommittedAppends` has the same gap. So the orphan accumulates until `remove_orphan_files` runs. I can see #17309 already addressed exactly this and was closed only by the stale bot (no review comments, no objections — just the 30-day inactivity close). If @wangyum plans to reopen it, please say so and I'll stand down; otherwise I'm happy to take it forward, keeping the same approach: delete the merged Puffin file on cache invalidation and on commit failure, with a `TestRowDelta` regression test. Please assign this to me if convenient. -- This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service. To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the URL above to go to the specific comment. To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at: [email protected] --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
