Hanspeter Niederstrasser <[email protected]> writes: > Follow-up Comment #6, bug #68220 (group groff): > > Note that this still afflicts groff-1.24.2 on macOS 27, which accepts C23 > (tested for during ./configure). > > This was tried with the 1.24.2 released tarball and configured w/out running > autoconf or any other autotool beforehand. >
Specifically, what happens here is:
* autoconf 2.73 adds -std=gnu23 if supported
* Clang drops support for K&R decls in C23 mode, while GCC doesn't
I think this can be emulated with -Wstrict-prototypes and
-Wold-style-definition (and -Werror=... for those) with GCC for
convenience of testing.
>
> ./configure --prefix=/opt/sw --with-appdefdir=/opt/sw/etc/app-defaults
> --disable-silent-rulesconfigure
> ...
> checking for clang option to enable C23 features... -std=gnu23
> ...
> clang -std=gnu23 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I./src/include -I./src/include -I./lib
> -I./src/include -I./lib -DENABLE_RELOCATABLE=1 -DLIBDIR=\"/opt/sw/lib\"
> -I/opt/sw/include -g -O2 -MT src/libs/libgroff/libgroff_a-matherr.o -MD -MP
> -MF src/libs/libgroff/.deps/libgroff_a-matherr.Tpo -c -o
> src/libs/libgroff/libgroff_a-matherr.o `test -f 'src/libs/libgroff/matherr.c'
> || echo './'`src/libs/libgroff/matherr.c
> src/libs/libgroff/matherr.c:29:13: error: unknown type name 'exc'
> 29 | int matherr(exc)
> | ^
> src/libs/libgroff/matherr.c:29:17: error: expected ';' after top level
> declarator
> 29 | int matherr(exc)
> | ^
> | ;
> src/libs/libgroff/matherr.c:31:1: error: expected identifier or '('
> 31 | {
> | ^
>
>
> Patches 1e7ea5487203988c0304d2788b35d002bc5e89f9 and
> 4e6c98f3df065743e5598c158d71af7fc8f63a25 to drop matherr.c lets the build
> continue.
>
>
> _______________________________________________________
>
> Reply to this item at:
>
> <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?68220>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Message sent via Savannah
> https://savannah.gnu.org/
signature.asc
Description: PGP signature
