On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 3:11 AM, Damian <damian.o...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> What does it means when the ~amd64 is not one of the keywords used to
> mask the package?
>
> The problem I have is that I would like to install amarok 2 but I
> cannot unmask it by accepting ~amd64. It is safe to unmask it using
> ~x86 even though my system is amd64?

Before trying to emerge Amarok 2, create (or edit) the file
/etc/portage/env/dev-db/mysql and add these lines:

CFLAGS="-march=core2 -O2 -ggdb -pipe -DPIC -fPIC"
CXXFLAGS="-O2 -pipe -DPIC -fPIC"

(change the march & other options to match what you normally use for
CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS), the important part here is -DPIC -fPIC

then re-emerge mysql if you've already got it installed. After that
Amarok should build successfully. If you don't do that, you will waste
your time.