Norman,

First understand one thing: The terminal is always a good friend :-)
Second, let's explain the fstab: Fstab (filesystem table) is a table
with all the specification for you filesystem. Check this out:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fstab. To check the content of fstab just
type this on you terminal:

$ cat /etc/fstab

(and paste here the result of this command)

Third, to mount manually a device, you need to know first which device
is what on your Linux. Usually, cdrom is some /dev/hdc thing. Then, to
mount it:

$ mount /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom

The strange things is: How did you installed gentoo without knowing
this issues? :-)

Hope this 2 cents helps you.

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 3:25 AM, Norman Hakim
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> NORMAN HAKIM YAHYA

Eduardo Otubo
Linux Registered User #424252