On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 3:45 PM, Filipe Sousa <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  Mark Knecht wrote:
>
> | On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 11:23 AM, Dan Farrell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  | It's an interesting question and one I've not tried to test. Does an
>  | AMD64 machine running a 32-bit or 64-bit install run faster or slower
>
> | with one or the other. For all of my everyday work - Gnome, Firefox,
>  | web browsing, email, MythTV, etc., it's been my assumption that there
>  | wouldn't be any noticeble difference. I run 64-bit but assume I'd run
>
> | at more or less the same speed if I ran 32-bit. I may be wrong. Anyone
>  | have any measured data? Same machine, two installs?
>
>  I have a few numbers from genlop -t

<SNIP>

>  These times are from the same machine:
>  abit ip35 pro, c2quad q6600 (2.4ghz), 4gb ram, (320+320) sataII raid0
> (155-MB/s)
>
>  - --
>  Filipe Sousa

Nice numbers and nice machine. Must have set you back a bit. ;-)

It seems when I match up exact revisions you're getting something
between a 10-15% speed increase. Quite nice.

Do we know that the amount code compiled is identical? I imagine
everything you show is correct since the speed increase is pretty
consistent from app to app.

Great stuff. Thanks.

Cheers,
Mark