Am Dienstag, 11. März 2008 schrieb ext Alan McKinnon:
> On Tuesday 11 March 2008, Dale wrote:
> > I would love to build a rig with two dual core CPUs, 4 cores in all.
> >   Compile times would be pretty short.  ;-)  Woooooo Ooooooo.
>
> Huh. Dunno about that. I have a Core2 Duo with 2G RAM here and took
> kdeenablefinal out of USE last night. Started emerge world at midnight,
> wanted to remerge 240+ packages, at 7am this morning it was up to #200
> or thereabouts.

KDE 3 is known for its long build times. Thanks to the new build system, KDE
4 builds orders of magnitude faster (kdelibs 4 build takes way less than an
hour on my Core 2 Duo laptop, while kdelibs 3 takes more than 3 hours).

Bye...

        Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs          | Tel:  +49 (0)162 234 3408
Configuration Manager   | Fax:  +49 (0)211 47068 111