Greetings,

are there any "eix" gurus out there?

I want to check whether or not some installed package was installed from
a binary or an ebuild.   However, according to "man eix" predicate "{is-
binary}" "returns 1 or empty depending on whether there is a correspond-
ing *.tbz2, *gpkg.tar, or *.xpak file for the version".  This is not ex-
actly what I need,  because an existing binary package for the same ver-
sion does not guarantee  that the package was really installed from that
binary:  if the USE flags don't match,  the package will nevertheless be
installed from the ebuild.

So, is there a way to persuade "eix" to reveal this information?   Or is
there any other command I could use?

Any hints welcome :-)

Sincerely,
  Rainer