Hi Andrew,

On Sunday 6 October 2024 15:16:46 BST Andrew Lowe wrote:
> For some reason this didn't go through yesterday so, once again......

Have a look at this page:

https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Kernel/Configuration

In particular, take notice of 'make localmodconfig'.

Once you have a customised kernel as you like it and it boots successfully,
you can copy your good /usr/src/linux/.config to any subsequently emerged new
gentoo-source kernel trees and run 'make oldconfig' thereafter, to only have
to deal with new kernel options.