On 10/2/24 11:59, Dale wrote:
Howdy,

As some know from my posts, I been wanting to switch email providers.  I
found Proton Mail and notice there is a app available for it in the
Gentoo tree.  It appears to have Gentoo support unlike most.  Does
anyone here use Proton email service?  It may be more secure than I need
but it sounds like I can use it like as a replacement for Gmail.  It
sounds like it is encrypted between me and Proton then if needed,
decrypted from there.  Of course, it seems I can send encrypted email,
encrypted by Seamonkey and it's encryption, as well.  That would remain
encrypted until it reaches the person I'm sending to just like it does
with Gmail.

I'm just curious if anyone here uses it.  Given it is in the tree, I
figure someone does.  Trying to see if this is what I need or not.

Thanks.

Dale

:-)  :-)
There's not pretty much difference with something like Gmail. If you want to do something illegal - your /encrypted/ correspondence will suddenly be decrypted for those who are interested. If you want true security and privacy - just selfhost your own email inbox. It's worth no more than 1 euro and one or two hours, maybe more, if you not very tech-savyy.

--
Arthur