Howdy,

I use Dolphin a lot.  I like it and all but recently, it started doing
something that annoys me.  When I'm doing something, I tend to open a
instance of Dolphin for whatever it is I'm doing.  I also leave
instances open and ready for when I do routine things.  Some things I do
so often, I leave them open all the time.  Usually that is four
instances.  If needed, for example when I'm getting videos off trail
cameras, I open another instance until I'm done with that task.  So, I
use Dolphin for different things on different desktops with tabs in
different places.  It just makes things easier, faster and works best
for me.

What I don't like is this, when I open a new instance, it tries to copy
the last instance I used that is still open.  When I open a new
instance, I want it to open where I want but not be affected by other
instances that are running.  Just as a example.  Yesterday I was trying
to copy videos from my trail cameras to a USB stick while also copying
and organizing them on my hard drive.  When I put in a USB stick or the
card from the camera, I click the notification thing and tell it to open
the USB stick or the card.  Thing is, it tries to copy the instance,
usually the one I use to watch TV from, which has a lot of open tabs.  I
have to close all the tabs I don't want to get things like it should be
to begin with.

I also have KDE set to save my session.  When I first login with four
saved instances, it creates a mess.  Sometimes, it just jumbles them
up.  Sometimes it sort of works.  It never works like it used to tho.
Also, sometimes the Folder panel on the left doesn't work either.  It's
either blank or only has /bin and nothing else.  Nothing I do gets it to
work right so I have to start a new instance and close the broken one.

This is fairly new and very consistent.  It started a couple updates ago
and I was hoping it was a bug and would be fixed.  I'm starting to think
it is a new feature.  I've looked in preferences and can't find any
setting related to this behavior.  Smplayer for example has a setting
for either multiple or single instances.  It works the way you set it.
I can't find anything similar in Dolphin tho.

Anyone have any info on this?  Is this the new way Dolphin works?  Is
there a way to disable it somewhere?  Do I need to look for another file
manager that behaves like I want?

Thanks.

Dale

:-)  :-)