My advice is to keep tabs on python2.7 libraries and their conversion to
python 3 and when 100% of those libraries have been converted the old
scripts may be easier to convert using existing python tools.  The sed
editor may get you part of the way through conversion but missing python
3 libraries could stop progress if such libraries are needed.

--
United States has 633 Billionaires with only 10 doing any annual
significant giving.