Daniel Frey <djqf...@gmail.com> [15-12-06 18:04]:
> On 12/05/2015 11:57 PM, meino.cra...@gmx.de wrote:
> > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckin...@gmail.com> [15-12-06 08:24]:
> >>
> >> libpcre provides a regex library for apps to use. The version you have
> >> will probably not work, as it is .so version 1 and blender wants version
> >> 3. So a symlink is not the correct way to go.
> >>
> >> You are using the daily dev build so most likely those devs aren't using
> >> Gentoo and do have libpcre.so.3 from somewhere.
> >>

> They aren't using gentoo, they're using Debian or Ubuntu. libpcre.so.3
> is from Debian's package libpcre [1] and presumably it is packaged as
> libpcre.so.3. On Debian's package site it says it's version 8.35-3.3.
>
> If you mask >=dev-libs/libpcre-8.36 so portage installs 8.35 and
> manually create a symlink for libpcre.so.3 it should work without
> issues. Heck, a symlink could even work for 8.36, but you may wind up
> with a weird issue or maybe a segfault during usage. It's probably
> better to use the version in the Debian binaries so long as it doesn't
> mess up the packages on your system.
>
> Dan
>
> [1] https://packages.debian.org/jessie/libpcre3

Hi @all,

thanks a lot for all the support.
I did "the bad thing" and created a symlink to the currently
installed version of libpcre...until now it works fine.
We will see.
Since I am using dev-blender-builds I am aware of sudden
interruption (hrrrm...) of the workflow...so no problem!

Thanks again! :)
Best regards,
Meino