Am 10.02.2013 06:11, schrieb Grant:
> I received the following ELOG message after an emerge:
>
>  * One or more symlinks to directories have been preserved in order to
>  * ensure that files installed via these symlinks remain accessible. This
>  * indicates that the mentioned symlink(s) may be obsolete remnants of an
>  * old install, and it may be appropriate to replace a given symlink with
>  * the directory that it points to.
>  *
>  * /var/run
>
> Should I change anything?
>
> - Grant

If my understanding of the situation is correct, we see this message
whenever a package is updated that in the old version installed to
/var/run and now has migrated to /run.

Even if I'm wrong, there is nothing to be done. /var/run is intended to
be a symlink to /run. If it is, then all is fine.

Regards,
Florian Philipp