Craig Duncan wrote:

Arran Fraser wrote:

I recently did my first-in-a-long-while "emerge world".  Now, when I
click a link in Thunderbird nothing happens.  I'd like the link to be
opened in Firefox (of course).  I'm using KDE.

Any ideas?

-- Arran

Try something like this...

$EDITOR ~/.thunderbird/<default pref dir>/prefs.js and add the following
lines

And add these lines

user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.ftp", "/opt/firefox/firefox");
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.http", "/opt/firefox/firefox");
user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.https", "/opt/firefox/firefox");

Restart thunderbird and links in email should now open in firefox.

Craig

I'm have approximately the same problem, with Thunderbird instead wanting to open links in mozilla-launcher. The problem is, mozilla-launcher has the audacity to fail to open *anything*. mozilla-laucher sits in /usr/libexec, giving the error "unknown browser" when I attempt to launch it.

I tried editing prefs.js, but Thunderbird reverted prefs.js to its previous state when I next started it up.

-Pingveno

--
Linux User #340304