Hi
On Sunday 04 January 2004 19:35, Gerhard W. Gruber wrote:
> I had this problem with enemy-territory and now I know what the problem
> was. artsd was blocking the soundcard so et couldn't procceed. When I
> killed it, et started fine.
>
> Now the obvious question is - How do I share the soundcard in a way that I
> don' t have to kill some processes in order to make others work?
>
> In Suse this worked fine, and I think I also had arts enabled there in KDE.
> I guess there is somewhere an option or soemthing to configure to do this.

you can decrease artsd's auto-suspend-time. You can do this by going to KDE's
Control Panel and select Sound&Multimedia -> Sound System.

The arts daemon goes into suspend-mode after a "auto-suspend-time". This
means, that it does not use the sound card anymore - so legacy applications
can use it.

Regards Sascha