The Gentoo embedded team would like to announce that we will be
automatically building and releasing stages for ARM and SuperH/SH. We
hope these stages will help out people interested in developing embedded
linux applications.

On the ARM side, we are currently releasing stages for the following CHOSTs:

    * arm-unknown-linux-gnu (old ABI, in progress)
    * armv4l-unknown-linux-gnu (old ABI, in progress)
    * armv4tl-softfloat-linux-gnueabi (EABI)
    * armv5tel-softfloat-linux-gnueabi (EABI)

On the SuperH/SH side, we are currently releasing stages for the
following processors:

    * sh4
    * sh4a

The stages are available under the /releases/arm/autobuilds directory
for ARM and /releases/sh/autobuilds for SH at your favorite mirror.

Because building stages for these architectures takes a while, we plan
on releasing stages on a monthly or bi-monthly basis. If you would like
to talk about Gentoo on those architectures, please join us on
#gentoo-embedded @ irc.freenode.net.

We would like to thank QNAP Inc.[1] and Marvell Technology Group[2] for
providing us with support and hardware for ARM based chips. However we
would like to expand our ARM support to the armv6 and armv7 processors.
If you or your company can provide us with some hardware we would
greatly appreciate it. Please contact the Gentoo ARM team if you or your
company are able to assist us.

We would like to also thank Renesas Technology Corp.[3] who has
graciously provided us hardware and support for the SuperH platform.

[1] http://www.qnap.com
[2] http://www.marvell.com
[3] http://www.renesas.com