On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, Duncan wrote:

Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 08:20:36 -0700
From: Duncan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: gentoo-amd64@lists.gentoo.org
Subject: [gentoo-amd64]  Considering going no-multilib

As the title suggests, I'm considering going no-multilib, given that I
don't use 32-bit software in general, anyway.  It would sure save compile
time on glibc and gcc, and would eliminate the issues I seem to get
with 32-bit compile failures when I compile glibc using gcc4, as well as
/greatly/ simplifying my Gentoo life, at a cost of giving up something I
don't really use anyway.

Question.  If I do so, will grub still compile for me, or will I have to
use grub-static (I /guess/ that's the binary-only ebuild?)?

Hmm... the package.mask for no-multilib includes sys-boot/grub, so I
apparently answered my own question...  Still.
confirmation/comments/suggestions would be appreciated.

lilo can be compiled and works without multilib