> short version:
> rsync segfaults when being used on Interix, how do I debug

Short (but late :)) answer:
Use /opt/gcc.3.3/bin/gdb. Even on SUA 6.0 where gcc > 4 can be used, this is
still the debugger to use. (beware: you may have to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH and
such...)

> long version:
> Emerged rsync segfaults when trying to use it with our rsync tree
> (that sux0rz), and it dumps code.  gdb isn't keyworded for x86-interix.
> Is it possible at all to debug on this platform?  How to get a clue
> what's going wrong and how to fix it... (rsync would be great afterall,
> since Interix isn't the fastest bird in town...)

I found /opt/gcc.3.3/bin/gdb working most of the time. Sometimes it doesn't,
but I haven't figured out what was going wrong there (I guess it was shared
libs...). I also found truss usefull sometimes.

Cheers, Markus