Hello Hemant, On Thu, 17 Sept 2026 at 09:49, David Marchand <[email protected]> wrote: > This is a followup to the refactoring started in 26.07. > > I took some time with my best AI friend to cleanup DPAA and FSLMC bus > drivers. > > Like the last time, only compilation has been checked. > I have no hardware to test runtime. > > One thing that could be broken is either the order of devices > initialisation, or bugs in the device filtering that I tried to > simplify. > > I went with the approach of splitting the device list between > internal bus object (that I called "control" devices, maybe a better > name can be found), and normal bus device object for which DPDK has a > driver. > > I think it is worth testing and fixing, as it will make the two NXP > bus drivers similar to other bus drivers (but keep the special IO devices > handling internal to the FSLMC bus for example).
Could I get a round of tests? Or should I just sent a non RFC series? I see potential conflicts with other series coming from NXP. I think it is worth getting this cleanup in, to limit the number of special cases for those two bus drivers when compared to other buses. -- David Marchand

