I thought old d-lea bro have a concurrent weak hashmap implement
somewhere...why not just ask him
after all nobody here more expert than him in this area
________________________________
From: Niall Pemberton <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2024 1:46:32 PM
To: Commons Developers List <dev@commons.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [beanutils] For 2.0, WeakFastHashMap vs ConcurrentHashMap

On Thu, 12 Sep 2024 at 19:59, Gary D. Gregory <ggreg...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> For the upcoming 2.0.0-M1, I plan on replacing the custom WeakFastHashMap
> with the stock ConcurrentHashMap.
>
> If you think this is a bad idea, please tell us why.

It’s a good idea for the “fast” part, but the “weak” aspect also needs to
be retained - so in principle yes, but the implementation detail matters.

BeanUtils caused memory issues in multiple ClassLoader environments (e.g.
WebApp containers) because of strong references to classes prevented them
from being garbage collected if the app was reloaded/restarted. So this
weak map was introduced to resolve that issue.

Niall