Hi, please reply to the list as I am subscribed.

On 08/07/2014 05:56 PM, Johann Spies wrote:
> For the sake of clarity:  The failure to boot was on the dist-upgraded
> system and was due to systemd.sysfs. I will not repeat what I said in my
>
> My installation of stable was exactly to escape the nightmares of
> systemd.sysfs which caused every computer on which it was installed so
> far not to be able to boot - not even in single user mode.
>
> As stable did not work out in this case, I tried with the clean
> installation to upgrade to testing to see whether I could use systemd
> without the previous problems, but the problems repeated itself.
>
> And I never said systemd was a problem on Wheezy.  Read my email more
> thoroughly please.

I did read your email thoroughly.  While it's true you didn't explicitly
state you believed systemd caused issues on the stable install, it was
strongly implied by the subject line and your final statement of "I
would like to return to Debian when the systemd problems are sorted
out.".  At least two other people were under that impression as well.

Also, I didn't want to assume you knew much about systemd.  There's a
bunch of misunderstanding about it going around at the moment, and there
have been a few emails lately where systemd was blamed for issues it has
nothing to do with.  For all I knew, you could very well have been
someone new to Linux/Debian and misunderstood what was happening.  We're
just trying to help.

> Regards
> Johann

Take care,