On 25/06/09 at 12:29 +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 11:58:22PM +0200, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> > >
> > > Thank you for adding to other people's workload sifting through
> > > applicants who aren't yet ready.
> >
> > Who did I advocate who wasn't ready?
>
> You said so yourself above.

No.

I said that I considered some people ready to start NM, because I was
sure that they would be perfectly ready to be a DD by the end of the NM
process (i.e a year and a half later, basically), and that they would be
good NM applicants (modulo the usual delays and motivation problems). In
the same time, I wouldn't have advocated them immediately for DM,
because they could still use some reviewing for a while. That's the
difference between potential and skills, I think.

Now, I checked, and none of the people I advocated (only 2 of them, but
the above applied to both of them, I think) were put on hold before
being assigned an AM. So apparently front desk agrees with my view, and
maybe it's just that I'm having too high standards for DM.
--
| lu...@lucas-nussbaum.net   http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/ |
| jabber: lu...@nussbaum.fr             GPG: 1024D/023B3F4F |