Hello everyone,

My name is Remus-Gabriel Chelu, and I am a member of the Romanian team of
translators within the Debian project.

Assuming that the newly released platform, Weblate-Debian (according to the announcement received from 'Carlos Henrique Lima Melara (charles)' with the subject "Improving collaboration between publicity team and localization teams" <https://lists.debian.org/debian-publicity/2024/08/msg00016.html>) is open to
the various pieces of software hosted/sourced from the Debian project,
I added this text:

«Recently, the Weblate-Debian platform has been opened at <https://weblate.debian.net/>, at the moment, it doesn't host any translation projects yet; if you find it more convenient to use this solution that avoids "manual" announcing of translators,
please let me know so I can subscribe to the project.»,

to the messages to the maintainers of these pieces of software for which
I translated the messages present in their *.po files.

From the people in charge of the "apparmor" software, I received the following
reply:

"We (upstream AppArmor) had some discussions about switching the
translation platform. Since development moved to gitlab.com, integrating
translation handling via launchpad (which still uses bzr) is somewhat
annoying. This also means we are open for changes.

Do you think Debian translators would be willing to contribute to the
AppArmor upstream translations for all languages? If so, using
weblate.debian.net would be a great option 😊";

therefore, I would like to know if any of your team members would be willing
to do the translation/update/revision work on this software.

For this, I would ask you to send me a message with the text: "I agree to participate in this translation project!", or any other text of your choice;
and in ADDITION, the mention of the language in which you are going to
perform the translation.

For Carlos Henrique Lima Melara (charles), from what date is Weblate-Debian expected to be populated with the presented project messages (Debian news/events)?

--
Greetings,
Remus-Gabriel

Antwoord per e-mail aan