hi,

I'm not really familiar with the more obscure intricacies of unix
networking... well, that is if this even really counts as obscure to some of
you..  my problem is that i have a number of debian servers connected to the
net via a T1.  i would like all of these servers to share a rack of NAS
(network attached storage) appliances.  The problem I see in considering
something like this is that traffic between the NAS and the servers would
saturate the network and slow things down considerably.  Is it possible to
set up a second network (via two ethernet cards in all of the servers) that
runs independantly of the primary network?  Is this even a good idea?  I was
thinking that isolating data transfers to a dedicated network would help
alleviate traffic on the front-side network.  Something like how a SAN works
except without all the proprietary hardware and software =).  If it is
possible (and even a remotely good idea) how would I configure routing,
addresses, NFS, etc?  I've never worked with a disconnected network before,
so I don't know what rules change and how the IPs are set up, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

ryan