Subject: [PATCH] Make rsync copy based on checksums, as there are cases, e.g. debian/compat files, where only one byte is changed, and since git doesn't preserve time stamps, it may lead to rsync not copying the necessary files causing the tests to fail.

From: Raphael Geissert <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 18:13:13 -0600

---
 t/runtests |    8 ++++----
 1 files changed, 4 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/t/runtests b/t/runtests
index 489326d..29bb372 100755
--- a/t/runtests
+++ b/t/runtests
@@ -306,21 +306,21 @@ sub test_package {
     if ($is_native) {
 	runsystem("cp", "-rp", "$tmpldir/$skel", $targetdir);
 	runsystem("rm", "-f", "$targetdir/debian/changelog");
-	runsystem("rsync", "-rp", "$origdir/debian/", "$targetdir/")
+	runsystem("rsync", "-rpc", "$origdir/debian/", "$targetdir/")
 	    if -d "$origdir/debian/";
     } else {
 	runsystem("cp", "-rp", "$tmpldir/${skel}.upstream", $targetdir);
 	runsystem("rm", "-f", "$targetdir/.dummy");
-	runsystem("rsync", "-rp", "$origdir/upstream/", "$targetdir/");
+	runsystem("rsync", "-rpc", "$origdir/upstream/", "$targetdir/");
 	if (-x "$origdir/pre_upstream") {
 	    print "running pre_upstream hook... " if $VERBOSE;
 	    runsystem("$origdir/pre_upstream", $targetdir);
 	}
 	runsystem("cd $RUNDIR && ".
 		  "tar czf ${pkg}_${orig_version}.orig.tar.gz $pkgdir");
-	runsystem("rsync", "-rp", "--exclude=debian/changelog",
+	runsystem("rsync", "-rpc", "--exclude=debian/changelog",
 		  "$tmpldir/$skel/", "$targetdir/");
-	runsystem("rsync", "-rp", "$origdir/debian/", "$targetdir/")
+	runsystem("rsync", "-rpc", "$origdir/debian/", "$targetdir/")
 	    if -d "$origdir/debian/";
     }