I think that’s the problem - the script doesn’t only delete or create the
symlinks, but it records whether admin or maintainer did the change, and honors
the choice. Otherwise the package has no way to know whether the link is
missing because of the upgrade or by mistake, and recreates the links.

Ondrej
--
Ondřej Surý (He/Him)