Sparky Linux is in my by far the best Debian based alternative in my
opinion except that it doesn't have a text based installer with
accessibility option that will install console speech. So the result is an
accessible graphical system only. Many blind users who cannot see a mouse
cursor love text based accessible Debian.

Debian is near perfect for blind users but modifying the resulting
installation so it can play multimedia is impossible for many brand new
Linux users so many try Ubuntu but that is only accessible in graphical
mode. Most blind users don't know about Slackware based Slint which
although not Debian is perfect for blind users.  Sparky Linux is totally
Debian but with additions that cannot be included in Debian.  Sparky Linux
thankfully isn't Ubuntu so it would be possible to modify Debian's text
based installer to make a system with console speech. I'd love them to
include Stormy's new I38 script for a fast accessible Desktop.

Sparky Linux avoids being Ubuntu by being based on Debian but it takes from
Ubuntu some of their utilities like Remastersys which allows the user to
produce a custom iso file so that a mirror image of the installed system
can be saved either as a backup or to give to others.

Sparky Linux has all the needed firmware for installation to laptops that
Debian recently has provided in their installation images. Thank you
Debian!

But unlike Debian, Sparky Linux includes the multimedia software and codecs
that Debian policies prohibit because they are "non-free".

Modifying a Debian installation to include multimedia tools can be done but
new comers to Linux cannot do it easily. Thus many go to Ubuntu or
elsewhere instead of using Debian but worse is Blind users are left without
console speech. I recommend new blind users install the excellent Slackware
based polyglot and totally accessible system called Slint available from
http://slint.fr.

I have repeatedly attempted to contact the developers of Sparky Linux to
ask if they could use Debian's accessible text installer and modify it so a
console speech enabled Sparky Linux could be produced with their
installation images. I believe that the reason I have not received a
response is either language problems or that they are simply to busy.

I also mentioned that it would be excellent if they could include scripts
such as Didier includes in Slint that easily modifies the installation to
boot up in console mode. It would be wonderful include Stormy's I38 script
which installs accessible version of i3 which he produced to give an
alternative to the recently abandoned Ratpoison.

Stormy says he ported some of the best parts of Ratpoison over to the new
script which is called I38. If you are interested in trying it out, you can
get it from:

https://git.stormux.org/storm/I38

Thanks!

Regards,