CalvinKirs commented on PR #68096:
URL: https://github.com/apache/doris/pull/68096#issuecomment-5867198319

   > Thanks — that pointer was right and I had missed it. 
`doris-thirdparty-prebuilt-darwin-arm64.tar.xz` on `automation-4.0` is exactly 
this machine; it is extracted into `thirdparty/installed` now.↳
   > 
   > It did not turn out to be what was blocking me, so two notes in case 
either is useful to you:↳
   > 
   > 1. **The prebuilt ships `thrift 0.16.0`, but `fe/pom.xml` now declares 
`<thrift.version>0.24.0</thrift.version>`**,
   >    and `fe-thrift` fails its own `check-thrift-compiler-version` against 
it. I get past that by pointing
   >    `-Ddoris.thrift.executable` at a system thrift 0.24.0. If the prebuilt 
is meant to track master, it
   >    looks a release behind.↳
   > 2. What actually stops the build here is the FE reactor rather than 
thirdparty. With `install`,
   >    `maven-install-plugin:3.1.0` fails on `fe-foundation` and then 
`fe-filesystem-s3` with _"the packaging
   >    plugin for this project did not assign a main file to the project but 
it has attachments"_. Skipping
   >    install instead breaks the `fe-filesystem-*` assemblies, which then 
resolve a sibling `-base` module to
   >    `target/classes` rather than a jar. I am on Maven 3.9.16 and JDK 17; I 
suspect a Maven version
   >    difference from CI rather than anything wrong in the tree, but I have 
not chased it further.
   > 
   > So I still cannot compile this change locally. `mvn -pl fe-core 
checkstyle:check` passes, and the diff is four lines plus one import in 
`bindWithOrdinal`, but the compile and the new test are unverified.
   > 
   > **Would you mind running buildall on this?** If anything is red I will fix 
it straight away.
   
   Hi, Please use the latest version of the third-party package. 
https://github.com/apache/doris-thirdparty/releases/download/automation/doris-thirdparty-prebuilt-darwin-arm64.tar.xz


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to