allthingssecurity opened a new pull request, #27531: URL: https://github.com/apache/camel/pull/27531
# Description [CAMEL-25356](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-25356) `CMConstants.GSM_0338_REGEX` contained the HTML entities `&`, `<`, `>` of the page it was copied from, so `<` and `>` were not in the character class; `¤` (GSM default alphabet) and form feed (extension table) were missing too. Messages with these characters were sent as unicode (DCS 8) with 70/67 characters per part, and the maximum number of parts was computed for unicode (310 characters: 5 parts instead of 3). This change writes the characters themselves in the class. Every message that matched before still matches; messages with these characters are now sent as GSM, in fewer parts, which the new `=== camel-cm-sms - GSM 03.38 detection` section of the 4.23 upgrade guide says. Tests: new `CMGsm0338Test` (all GSM 03.38 characters, a text with `<` and `>`), all three fail without the change; module: 54 tests pass. Found with a Lean 4 model of the class against the GSM 03.38 table: exactly `¤ < >` and form feed are missing on main, and the class of the fix is exactly GSM 03.38. # Target - [x] I checked that the commit is targeting the correct branch (Camel 4 uses the `main` branch) # Tracking - [x] If this is a large change, bug fix, or code improvement, I checked there is a [JIRA issue](https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL) filed for the change (usually before you start working on it). # Apache Camel coding standards and style - [x] I checked that each commit in the pull request has a meaningful subject line and body. - [ ] I have run `mvn clean install -DskipTests` locally from root folder and I have committed all auto-generated changes. (I built and tested the affected module, including the formatter and import-sort plugins. I did not run the full root build.) # AI-assisted contributions - [x] If this PR includes AI-generated code, commits have proper co-authorship attribution (e.g., `Co-authored-by` trailers) and the PR description identifies the AI tool used. This PR was prepared with Claude Code (Claude Opus 5.5). The commit carries a `Co-Authored-By` trailer. _Claude Code on behalf of allthingssecurity_ 🤖 Generated with [Claude Code](https://claude.com/claude-code) -- This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service. To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the URL above to go to the specific comment. To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at: [email protected]
