On Sat, Oct 19, 2002 at 12:31:55AM +0200, Moritz Schulte wrote:
> [Lookups like /dev/{tcp,udp}/host/port]
>
> I have written a translator, which implements exactly this: netio.
> Can be fetched from
> http://duesseldorf.ccc.de/~moritz/files/netio-0.2.tar.gz.
Ok, this is simple enough to be in one single file like fakeroot in
directory trans/. Can you make a patch for that? I am not sure if netio is
a good name, but I don't have a better suggestion either right now. Please
also clean up cruft like my_malloc, we just use malloc and check it's return
value in place. To better match what bash provides we would need to make
the protocol an option rather than a directory in the filesystem (as it
seems to be now). If you like both behaviours, you might want to keep the
catch-all-protocol behaviour as an option. Also add a patch for MAKEDEV to
set up /dev/tcp and /dev/udp.
Thanks,
Marcus
--
`Rhubarb is no Egyptian god.' GNU http://www.gnu.org [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Marcus Brinkmann The Hurd http://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/
_______________________________________________
Bug-hurd mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mail.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/bug-hurd